Problem to be solved:
Combine the functionality and update the technology for two applications (fire rescue app and event management app) into one easy to use responsive web application
People affected by this problem:
Firefighters, police, GIS professionals, and event specialists for the City of Marietta
High level steps taken to solve the problem:
- Interviewed stakeholders to understand their business needs and dive into their professional needs. I also did my best to get some insight to the users of this app from the stakeholders since the users were not available to be interviewed.
- Helped create the requirements for the application based on the city's budget and technology restrictions
- Wireframed / prototyped clickable solution using Axure which was reviewed and shared with the stakeholders and developers
- Made several rounds of revisions based on feedback
- Moved into interface design using style cues from other city assets
- Documented the design styling and handed the assets over to the developers to create the application and dashboard
- Once the project went into development, I checked in and helped the developer work through development issues that were not discovered in the initial conversations with the client
The final app was a web-based responsive site that accommodate 4 different user types. This site has become a source of pride for the city and they take any chance they can to show it off.