Problem to be solved:
Client is currently dependent on a third party housing all of their client's precision agriculture data from their farming operations
People affected by this problem:
Helena sales reps, agriculture techs and agronomists
High level steps taken to solve the problem:
- Interviewed stakeholders as well as users of the system to get a full understanding of the needs of each group and to understand the process they currently were using
- Developed personas for the different users and reviewed these with stakeholders and our developers
- Helped refine business requirements throughout the whole project
- Wireframed / prototyped a clickable shell of the software using Axure which was reviewed and shared with the stakeholders/users and developers
- Wireframed chunks of functionality, using Balsamiq, to adapt to Agile methodology
- Made 100's of rounds of revisions based on feedback and developing project requirements
- Juggled 3 different aspects of this project; web app, admin dashboard, and a mobile app
- While functionality was being built by the developers, I moved into the interface design with dozens of options for styling being presented. Keeping all 3 pieces of the application consistent has proven to be quite the challenge.
- Documented the design styling using Pattern Lab and delivered assets via SVN
The solution is still in development, but we are 90% and closing in on the client being able to house all of their clients data internally. The final pieces will be an extremely robust web application with admin capabilities and a iOS phone application.